The ensemble of the Assumption Church
The ensemble of the Assumption Church consists of the Ukrainian Autocephalic Orthodox Church built on the site of the original church which dated back to 1461, the monumental Korniakt’s Tower, and the Chapel of Three Saints. Tha impressive Bell Tower rising up 65.8 metres was so named after its benefactor Constantine Korniakt, one of the richest merchants of his time. It was built in 1572/8 by the architect Peter Barbon and underwent several reconstructions in 1695, 1780 & 1795 before it acquired its present shape. The Bell Tower is also famous for its Bell ‘Kyrylo’ (‘Cyril’) 2 metres in diameter.