The Royal Palace
The Royal Palace built by the architect Peter Barbon in 1580 for a Lviv Merchant Konstantine Korniakt. In 1640 the building became the property of the Sobieski clan. King Jan III Sobieski was responsible for its rebuilding and restoration in 1678 (The Royal Chambers exhibition is located on the second floor). From 1908 this was the home of the Jan III Sobieski Museum and in 1940 was handed over to the Lviv Historical Museum. Italian Courtyard is especially attractive and appealing: this is the inner courtyard arranged in the pattern of similar Italian structures.