The Transfiguration Ukrainian Church
The Transfiguration Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (21 Krakivska St) was built in 1875/98 by the architect S.Havryshkevych on the site of old Latin church and monastery belonging to the Trinitarian Order. In 1783 the order was canceled by the Austrian authorities, and the building handed over to the University. In 1848 the building was damaged by shellfire and razed almost to ashes by the fire that followed. Its remains were removed and the People’s House together with the Transfiguration Church constructed in the cleared area.