The Armenian Cathedral
The Armenian Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin’s Assumption is Lviv’s the most exotic building that dates back the 14th century, when the Lviv became the capital of the Armenian Diocese. The Cathedral was constructed in 1356/63 to the design of the architect Doring with funds donated by the Armenian merchants. Several reconstructions and restorations were carried out with the involvement of renowned Polish architects and artists: Fr. Monczynski, J. Mehoffer, W. Minkiewicz, J. H. Rosen. The Belfry was constructed in 1571 by the architect Peter Krasowski.